family pics & Seattle...




As some of you probably already know, we make family pictures a priority each year.  We have had some amazing photographers in our lives the past few years.  What you may not know is that this year is extra special to us.

When I lived in Lincoln, Nebraska growing up I was a nanny for a family for many years.  The parents (who were awesome) were local realtors and they had 2 little boys, Dane & Wyn, who I spent many weekends, summers, and years with.  They were always around for my major life events including high school graduation, and when I got to perform at the Lied Center for Performing Arts, they were there on opening night in the front row.  

Wyn and I stayed in contact through letters for a few years, and then life just got in the way. He graduated middle school, then High School, and then was in college.  Life kinda just went on it's way.  

Then one crazy day, Karen O (one of our family photographers) put a post on Facebook about hanging out with Wyn Wiley.  I thought "no way that that is the SAME Wyn Wiley that I used to know?!?  But then again, how many Wyn Wiley's are out there?"  I called up Karen right then and there and asked her to ask Wyn if he remembered Lindsay Boyd from when he was little.  I could hear the screams through the phone.  Such a small world that we would all connect again.

Come to find out that he is an amazing photographer and has now graduated from college with a photographer dream-sheet in his hot little hands.  

We had kept in contact and then the stars aligned and he was going to be in Seattle the same time we were there.  I asked him if would be willing to do our family pics and he couldn't say "yes" fast enough.  What is really crazy is that our kids are the same ages that he and his brother were when I used to take care of them!

We met up with him in Seattle, treated him to his first M.L.B. game with the Mariners and spent the day catching up and taking some great pics.  

I can't wait to see them all!!!  Life is crazy right?  Crazy wonderful.