life lately...


Hello all!  Life has been getting away from us lately and we've been so busy that I haven't had the heart (or energy) to sit down for a post recently, so sorry for that.  Everything is great, just chaotic! 

October came and went...Jeremiah and I celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary in October.  We had some lofty plans (a boat ride and romantic dinner) but when the day came along we decided for a quiet dinner at our favorite hokey steakhouse (to be left un-named, but people "down-under" seem to like it) and to rent a movie ('Neighbors').  Well, dinner kinda sucked and the movie skipped in the DVD player, so we ended up eating left-overs from the fridge and watching 'Survivor.' Classic. We were totally fine with it and it seemed fitting that our best-laid plans never quite work out, but that's okay.  We were happy as long as we were together.

Maddux and Paetyn also decided to start some instruments lately.  P has been in a funk lately about being left-handed and we found it a little difficult to find a great instrument for her.  But when we walked into a drum store, she fell in love.  So we picked up a set and found a great local teacher that she really likes.  Maddux decided on a trumpet.  If our house was loud before, we are in for it now.


We also went to 'Disney on Ice' with friends which was actually pretty great.  I was afraid that the kids would be too old, but they completely enjoyed it.  If you get the chance to go, do it!  It will not disappoint.  The kiddos loved it and it was an absolute hoot watching their faces when the classic Disney villains showed up on the ice as part of the act.  Maddux became very concerned when Cruella DeVille came and told all the kiddos around us that we needed to keep the fact that we had a Dalmatian at home a secret.  It. Was. Cute. 







Halloween also snuck up on us...Paetyn went as a pirate and Maddux went as (in his words) "that Jurassic park guy if he got to ride a dinosaur."  Not kidding.  Very random, but do-able.  My parents were here from the coast, so my dad went trick-or-treating with us (as well as Meg, she was a doctor) and it was a fun night.





I also recently gave notice at my job and I am excited for bigger and better things.  I loved the company I worked for and I learned a lot as a HR manager, but sometimes things are just not a good fit.  My last week will be the week of Christmas so I can begin the new year with a new adventure!  I am excited (and nervous) but if it weren't scary, it wouldn't be worth the risk, right?  I am hoping so :) 

We are also having a holiday party in December so I have been busy planning, planning, and planning.  Having a great friend in the rental business with great products is a major plus :).  Oh, if you didn't know, 'Geanne Genevieve' is no more...Hannah had an amazing opportunity to buy a local vintage rental business that went on the market so she bought it!  It's a great move for her and I couldn't be prouder of her!  We will be getting quite a few things from her for the party and of course she will be helping me.  What more could a girl ask for?  Check out 'Common Wealth Rentals' here.

So I think that's it.  Hope all is well in your neck of the woods and have a great Thanksgiving!